Kim Kardashian's longtime model friend Brittny Gastineau has said that it is not at all weird to see the reality star and her beau Kanye West as parents, adding that it was meant to be. The American socialite told Us magazine that Kardashian and the rapper are naturals and completely amazing with the baby. Gastineau, 29, added that she has been visiting the family every day in LA and she is ...
Facebook employees have given bizarre answers to a question posted by a question-and-answer website Quora. Quora created, edited and organized by its community of users, had asked a question 'worst thing about working at Facebook' to which the social media giant's employees gave varied and interesting answers. The responses included praise for the free food and drinks prepared by renowned ...
In this photo provided by Matt Lautner is a fluffy male cow named Texas Tornado at Lautner Farms in Adel, Iowa. The art of grooming cows so they look like massive poodles is a well-known beautification practice in the show cattle industry that helps sell livestock. But tell that to the Internet, which became fascinated with the moniker fluffy cow after a photos of Texas Tornado and other ...
They may not have the keyring convenience of your typical USB drives, but they are addressing a very real problem. When data is so easily created and thoughtlessly filed away in folders on our hard drives, it's often lost ...
A nearby white dwarf went supernova in 2011, giving scientists an unprecedented look at a rare Type Ia supernova. They discovered that it's remarkably, stunningly, perfectly ...
Rumble in the Bronx (Hong Faan Kui)
Even if you could overlook the lame slapstick comedy, the stilted, poorly dubbed dialogue, stolen diamonds that look like glass marbles, the producers' attempt to pass off a Canadian location crested with scenic mountains as the Bronx, and the fact that the only sympathy in the film comes from gangsters beating on a whiny kid in a wheelchair, "Rumble in the Bronx" would still be a bad movie. Ever ... ...
After watching this gloriously NSFW video multiple times, the only things I know for sure is that John McAfee clearly isn't a fan of his former anti-virus software company that still bears his name, and that ...
A true Canadian political warrior, Toronto Liberal MP Bob Rae is leaving the stage. Whatever opponents think of his political stances over the years, his departure is a loss. He was the interim Liberal leader after the disastrous 2011 federal campaign and gave the demoralized party some hope. He led the New Democratic Party to its only provincial victory in Ontario in 1990. He was a civil, ...
New Jersey Transit is investigating why a trip that normally takes about 45 minutes took nearly two hours more Thursday when the driver took a circuitous route into Manhattan's Port Authority bus terminal.A passenger on the ill-fated trip tells Newark's The Star-Ledger newspaper ...
The men are accused of stealing six pallets of watermelons weighing nearly 5,800 pounds in the early morning hours of June 7, Portland TV station KPTV ...
A footage of the meeting between brain-damaged Governor Dambaba Suntai with acting Governor of Taraba State, Alhaji Garba Umar at a US hospital. In this video Mr. Suntai did not say anything, however, he laughed repeatedly, a condition consistent with his mental state. As can be seen from the video, Mr. Suntai had to be assisted to go back to his hospital room by his ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel
I arrived by taxi to the hotel which is just a block from the former World Trade Center site. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Texas GuardianTexas Guardian |Authoritative News resource for Texas
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Texas news. From Dallas to Houston, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Texas Guardian. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Texas weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
San Antonio Spurs outscored defending champion Miami Heat 114-104 with the help of outstanding performances of GDP (Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker) and shooter Danny Green, moving within one win to their fifth NBA title.
It was Ginobili's first starting in more than one year. The 11-year veteran, who had scored a total of 30 points in the first four games, rewarded Spurs coach Gregg Popovich with 24 points and 10 assists, reports Xinhua.
"Tonight he played his best game in a while," said Popovich.
Spurs point guard Parker wasn't 100 percent because of an injured hamstring but the former Finals MVP astonished everyone with a team high 26 points, including a crucial basket after the Heat cutting the gap to nine with two minutes left.
Duncan's 17-point-and-12-rebound 'double-double' helped Spurs 'Big 3' total 67 points, one more than Heat's 'Big 3'(LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh).
Green had a big night for himself. The second-round-picked shooting guard made six out of his 10 three point attempts to finish a 24-point game. He totalled 25 three pointers through the five games, surpassing Ray Allen (22 in 2008 Finals) to set an new NBA Finals record.
"I've been getting lucky. ...
- Archer opens offices repair centre in Dubai Doha
- Iraq to boost output by 45 by 2014-end
- Egypt reshuffles management of energy firms
- Iran cancels local drilling rigs deal to buy from China
- Enerplus Announces Investor Day Webcast Details
- Vigil held for firefighter in coma after wreck
- Residents getting mail again after missing mailboxes replaced
- Austin-based Drillinginfo acquires Denver software company
- Development plans ongoing at ACC’s Highland Mall siteMixed-use development part of overall plan
- Community Briefing Two Austin groups receive arts grants Pflugerville watering restrictions remain in place
- Underwear sunglasses stolen from northeast dollar store suspects sought
- Man arrested in Northeast El Paso on suspicion of failing to register as a sex offender
- Water pressure in Sunland park parts of Santa Teresa should improve
- Four car wreck leaves two in hospital
- Fort Bliss deployments to Afghanistan uncertain
- A year after West Nile plagued Texas aerial spraying a new tool to combat virus
- LS Power NRG add new generation in time to meet Texas power use
- Texas Senate Passes Bill That May Close Down Several Abortion Clinics
- Rick Perry bashes New York in ad to attract businesses to Texas
- Burleson to Accept Blue Bags in Recycling Effort
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Texas EqquSearchs founder worries about future
- Astrodome proposals to be considered at meeting
- Astros sign No. 1 overall pick RHP Mark Appel
- Tropical Depression 2 strengthening could become Barry soon
- Dallas council members say some farewells appoint interim city manager
- Line of storms crawling in will be areas last best chance of rain for a while
- GAO The American Airlines-US Airways merger will reduce competition on more than nonstop routes
- Ash Grove Cement will slash emissions in Midlothian close two old kilns and build a new one under U.S. settlement
- NCTCOG to re-open waiting list for safe room rebate program
- PREVIEW-NBA-Miami San Antonio Prepare for Ultimate Test
- Urban Taco serves the Best Quesadillas in San Antonio
- Who offers the Best Outdoor Dining in San Antonio
- Miami Beat San Antonio in Overtime to Force Game Seven
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Texas Guardian headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Board backs plan to spruce up Astrodome
- Food trucks all the rage in Austin
- Board backs turning Astrodome into convention hall
- FBI is using drones in America director tells Congress
- Senate GOP says repeal of death tax must be part of tax reform