The first look of Nikhil Adwaini's movie 'D-Day' was revealed in the entertainment capital Mumbai. Lead actors, Irfan Khan, Arjun Rampal, Rishi Kapoor and Huma Qureshi graced the occasion with their presence. Talking on the occasion, filmmaker Advani clarified the reason for choosing this controversial subject for the film. "I am particularly obsessed with the fact that I was 21 years old ...
A look alike of the Korean star 'Psy' had a gala time with top Hollywood celebrities at Cannes. The fake PSY partied with stars such as Naomie Harris and Adrien Brody at a party thrown by luxury jeweller- Chopard, the Sun reported. The man also tried his hands at DJ decks at an event hosted by a Russian oil-magnate and where big names including Trance beauty Rosario Dawson were present. A ...
There's no ill-will between singer John Mayer's former girlfriends Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. Swift dated Mayer from 2009 to 2010 while Perry has been in an off-and-on relationship with him since last year, reports entertainmentwise.com Indeed, Swift and Perry's friendship was on display on social networking platform Twitter. Perry changed the lyrics of Swift's song "I knew you were ...
George Michael, who fell out of his Range Rover while travelling as a passenger at 70mph on a motorway, did not throw himself from his Range Rover on purpose, a pal of the singer has insisted. The star was rushed to a hospital after getting serious head injury last week. It was rumoured that the 49-year-old, who has battled drugs and depression, may have jumped from the vehicle in order to ...
Prince Harry dubbed himself the "Ginger Queen" in a bowling match against Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia on Friday. The 28-year-old royal, who snuck with Imbruglia into a bowling alley to have some fun, mocked his own strawberry-blond hair when he inputted 'Ginger Queen' as his name on the electronic scoreboard, the Daily Star reported. Later Sam Branson, 27, playboy son of billionaire ...
Steven Soderbergh is a tough director to put your finger on. He exploded onto the scene in 1989 with the indie groundbreaker "sex, lies, and videotape," and his career since then has been a journey of stylistic experimentation across numerous genres. In 1998, he made a bold move toward the mainstream with the uniformly excellent "Out of Sight," in which he energized what could have been a routine ... ...
Singer Taylor Swift likes to wear clothes which exude style, but still don't restrict her movement on stage. The 23-year-old, who is on Red World Tour, looks for smart yet practical clothes, reports femalefirst.co.uk. "For performance, I'm not only looking for something that looks cool in front of 20,000 people but it's also about the functionality of it, can I run around in it? Can I throw my ...
Actress Amanda Seyfried feels she looked better with bigger breasts, but she says she had to lose a bit of overall weight for her Hollywood journey. "I looked way better when I was 15. I had beautiful huge breasts and then I came to Hollywood and I was like, 'I got to lose weight. I got to look thin and fit.' And I lost them a little bit," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 27-year-old. Seyfried ...
Hollywood actress Jennifer Aniston is ready to perform a striptease act in her forthcoming film "We're The Millers". The 44-year-old plays a drug smuggling lap dancer in the comedy film, directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber, reports thesun.co.uk The star cast also includes Emma Roberts, Ed Helms and Jason Sudeikis. The film will hit screens in Britain Aug ...
The animated adventure flick Epic opens in theatres this weekend, and its star-studded voice cast includes Amanda Seyfried, Beyonce, Pitbull and Steven Tyler. And the shenanigans continue with The Hangover Part ...
, with three intimate club shows in New York earlier this week. But for guitarist and producer Aaron Dessner, the band's headlining slot at the first ...
Reported in the press
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Texas GuardianTexas Guardian |Authoritative News resource for Texas
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Texas news. From Dallas to Houston, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Texas Guardian. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Texas weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
Monday's deadly tornado in the central U.S. state of Oklahoma struck in an area commonly known as "Tornado Alley" - home to most of the nation's tornadoes.
Tornado Alley is generally seen to span north to south from South Dakota to Texas between the Rocky Mountains and the Appalachian Mountains, but there is no official consensus on the boundaries.
Comparison of Tornado paths in Moore, Oklahoma - May 3, 1999 and May 20, 2013 x Comparison of Tornado paths in Moore, Oklahoma - May 3, 1999 and May 20, 2013 The region is susceptible to tornadoes when cold, dry air moving south from Canada meets warm, moist air from the Gulf of Mexico and warm, dry air moving east across the Rockies. The collision of warm and cold air breeds severe thunderstorms, which spawn tornadoes.
The National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center says Tornado Alley is a nickname used by the media and stresses it only indicates the area where most tornadoes occur. It says violent or killer tornadoes happen outside Tornado Alley every year and can strike almost anywhere in the United States, as well as in Canada and overseas.
Studies have shown the deadliest twisters in the U.S. happen to the east of Tornado Alley, in an area known as "Dixie Alley. ...
- Brazil to hold oil auction
- Yemens Main Oil Pipeline Blown up Again
- High Arctic Announces Normal Course Issuer Bid
- Yemens main oil pipeline attacked pumping stopped
- Bengals Drilling Campaign continues to show 100 Success Rate at Cuisinier in the Cooper Basin
- Nestande sued by family of killed woman
- Hays school district names new superintendent
- Police presence to increase on the roads this weekend
- Local group collecting items for OK tornado victims
- Paul McCartney gives shout-out to Austin techies food trucks
- Two overnight accidents send people to hospital
- Pile of clothes catches familys apartment on fire
- Dedication of Juarez monument The X is tonight
- El Paso Mayor John Cook says he will not offer Joyce Wilson evaluation
- El Paso County Sheriffs deputies looking for parents of young girl found in San Elizario
- Texas officer on leave after shooting neighbors cat with arrow
- The Port Arthur Steam Cracker in Texas is Now Processing Ethane from Shale Gas
- Insurance losses on North Texas twisters reach estimated $250M
- Frontier Communications moves 27 jobs from NY to Texas
- Health Services Encourage Heat Safety
- Man hit by car critically injured
- Man found dead in NW Harris County street
- High-speed police chase ends with violent crash
- HFD 2-Alarm apartment fire intentionally set
- Schaub Texans begin preparation for season
- 50 homeless animals move to Dallas as Oklahoma recovers from tornado
- Former SMU student acquitted in rape trial ready to move on hopes to use experience to help others
- Scattered showers thunderstorms will be hit or miss around Dallas-Fort Worth today
- Overturned semi snarls morning rush on Central Expressway in Richardson
- Pentagon lowers cost of F-35 program by 1.1 percent
- Transaction Action NRP nets $18.64 million in equity financing for developments in San Antonio and Ohio
- St. Philips College honored for being top VITA site
- Tory Burch making its debut at Shops at La Cantera
- R.L. Worths Heritage Oaks lands a new neighbor
- Halliburton adds 100 CNG trucks to its fleet as part of pilot program
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Texas Guardian headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Gunman in Southlake slaying was trained to do this police chief says
- Taking shelter in a storm
- Six Flags launches its newest thrill Texas SkyScreamer
- Tax tussle riling Capitol in final week
- Mother killed kids hurt after shoplifters crash