WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama has urged Iran's newly elected president to prove to the world that the Islamic republic was not pursuing a nuclear weapon programme as the White House welcomed election of a moderate leader as a hopeful sign. "I think it says that the Iranian people want to move in a different direction," Obama said of the election results in Iran that saw a surprising ...
SAO PAULO, Brazil - Anti-graft protests swept Brazil's main cities as some 200,000 demonstrators marched through the streets against alleged mis-governance, forcing President Dilma Rousseff Tuesday to acknowledge the need for better public services and effective administration. The assurance from Rousseff came a day after biggest protests rocked at least ten Brazilian cities, including Sao ...
LONDON - Talks between the United Kingdom and Ecuador have ended without any breakthrough over WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's fate with the Andean nation vowing not to succumb to diplomatic pressure and was ready to consider request from Edward Snowden, another whistleblower, for asylum. As the fugitive anti-secrecy advocate marks one year holed up in the London embassy of Ecuador, ...
LONDON - Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, the son of deceased Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, will stand trial in August along with Gaddafi's last prime minister and a former intelligence director, the prosecutor's office has announced. The men will be tried for crimes against the Libyan people during the 2011 uprising that toppled the former regime. Notorious former spy chief Abdullah ...
ENNISKILLEN - The Group of Eight industrialised nations called for a swift end to the bloody civil war in Syria and urgent peace talks but stopped short of calling for the ouster of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad in its joint statement at the end of talks Tuesday. Despite the lack of consensus among the G8 on the fate of Assad, as well as the use of chemical weapons by his regime, Canadian ...
As the title suggests, Richard CurtisLove Actually is, quite simply, about love. Not just your standard romantic variety of love (though there is plenty of that to be found), but also the love between friends, parents and children, brothers and sisters, and even a broken down rock star and his portly manager. In an age marked by cynicism and irony, Love Actually is unashamedly upbea ... ...
Former Senator Russell Feingold has been named the U.S. special envoy to Africa's troubled Great Lakes region. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who announced the appointment Tuesday, said Feingold will work closely with U.N. envoy Mary Robinson to advance a U.N. framework for peace in the region. The eastern Democratic Republic of Congo has endured years of conflict and ...
MOSCOW Russia is steeply ramping up oil deliveries to China, with Asia now importing almost a fifth of oil exports from the world's largest crude producer in a strategic shift meant by the Kremlin to end reliance on weak and saturated European markets. Russia will increase oil supplies to China by 13 percent in July-September from the previous three months, a shipping schedule obtained ...
The International Criminal Court (ICC) has ruled that Kenya's deputy president, William Ruto, must attend key segments of his trial on charges of crimes against humanity scheduled to begin in September, according to a court spokesman. Ruto and Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta face similar charges before the court in connection with their alleged role in the country's 2007-2008 post-election ...
G8 leaders Tuesday condemned any use of chemical weapons in Syria, and that they were deeply concerned by the growing threat from terrorism and extremism in the Middle East country. In a final communique issued after the annual G8 summit in Lough Erne, Northern Ireland, the leaders called on all parties in the conflict to allow access to the UN investigating team, Xinhua reported. It said the ...
An agreement for loan of US$ 255 million (equivalent) from World Bank for the "National AIDS Control Project (NACP-IV)" was signed here today between India and the World Bank. Nilaya Mitash, Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance signed on behalf of the Government of India and Mr.Onno Ruhl, Country Director, World Bank (India) on behalf of the World Bank. ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
London Marriott Park Lane
Having taken the Heathrow Express to Paddinton station (a 15 minute ride, with trains running every 15 minutes), I then ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Texas GuardianTexas Guardian |Authoritative News resource for Texas
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Texas news. From Dallas to Houston, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Texas Guardian. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Texas weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
San Antonio Spurs outscored defending champion Miami Heat 114-104 with the help of outstanding performances of GDP (Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker) and shooter Danny Green, moving within one win to their fifth NBA title.
It was Ginobili's first starting in more than one year. The 11-year veteran, who had scored a total of 30 points in the first four games, rewarded Spurs coach Gregg Popovich with 24 points and 10 assists, reports Xinhua.
"Tonight he played his best game in a while," said Popovich.
Spurs point guard Parker wasn't 100 percent because of an injured hamstring but the former Finals MVP astonished everyone with a team high 26 points, including a crucial basket after the Heat cutting the gap to nine with two minutes left.
Duncan's 17-point-and-12-rebound 'double-double' helped Spurs 'Big 3' total 67 points, one more than Heat's 'Big 3'(LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh).
Green had a big night for himself. The second-round-picked shooting guard made six out of his 10 three point attempts to finish a 24-point game. He totalled 25 three pointers through the five games, surpassing Ray Allen (22 in 2008 Finals) to set an new NBA Finals record.
"I've been getting lucky. ...
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- More Russian Oil Flows to China in Shift From Europe
- Iraqi Kurdistan gives Turkish company six oil exploration blocks
- Worlds Largest Solar Boat Docks in NYC
- Is the Energy Revolution Hype
- Liberty Hill family claims Leander Officer shot their dog
- Leander officer shots dog while serving warrant
- Lehmberg speaks about Integrity Unit
- Man charged with making a terroristic threat against Sen. Ted Cruz
- Senate gives early approval to road spending plan
- Officials Officers seize more than $400000 worth of marijuana
- Arrests made in connection with $20000 burglary at central El Paso restaurant
- Driver pinned in truck after crashing into tree in Socorro
- Spaghetti Bowl gets makeover
- News-Press El Paso City Manager Joyce Wilson falls out of the running for Florida job
- Eye Opener host to do That Show in Fort Worth
- Rollover Crash Kills Rock Hauler Driver
- Christie Proud Dallas Cowboys fan
- Dallas Officer Arrested on Sexual Assault Charge
- Walmart Sues Union Protesters in Fort Worth
- Homeowner shoots suspected burglar
- HPD Man fatally shoots crowbar-wielding woman
- Suspected prostitute found dead in street
- Judge denies trial delay for Fort Hood suspect
- HPD Girl 6 rescued from pond in critical condition
- Eye Opener host to do That Show in Fort Worth
- Dallas ISD executive suing former school district for alleged racial discrimination
- Dallas PD FBI bust three suspected brothels arrest four women
- Eco-tourism guide admits to smuggling live snakes into DFW airport
- Christie Proud Dallas Cowboys fan
- San Antonio leads 3-2
- Republican Senator Cornyn received three pensions in 2012
- Miami Heat must beat San Antonio Spurs to force a Game 7
- NBA finals San Antonio Spurs coachs faith in Manu Ginobili rewarded
- WWII vet celebrates 90th birthday at Fort Sam Houston
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Texas Guardian headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Texas Gov. Perry looking to lure NY companies
- DA Veto doesnt take away ethics responsibility
- Texas man sentenced for Medicare scam
- Texas House lawmakers debate youth punishment
- Retail dining leaving Union