PYONGYANG - North Korea continued to fire short range projectiles into waters off its east coast for a third straight day on Monday, officials here said, despite warnings from the US and South Korea against increasing tensions. The North has conducted six such firings since Saturday, in what are believed to be tests of short-range guided missiles or rockets from multiple launchers, officials ...
US President Barack Obama's administration has decided to give the Pentagon control of some drone operations against terrorism suspects overseas that are currently run by the CIA, according to several US government sources. Obama has pledged more transparency on controversial counterterrorism programs, and giving the Pentagon the responsibility for part of the drone program could open it to ...
A wave of car bombings and suicide attacks against Shi'ite Muslims ripped through Iraqi cities Monday, killing at least 76 people and wounding scores more, extending the worst sectarian violence since U.S. troops withdrew from the country in December 2011. The attacks increased the number of Iraqis killed in sectarian clashes over the past week to more than 200, including 70 who died Friday ...
Once you are registered, New Scientist will send you our weekly newsletter, as well as occasional relevant information via email from New Scientist about our content, services, products, events, offers and competitions. Please read ...
"We like the idea of red tags specific to auto body workshops. The information printed on the tag is exactly what we need to classify items in the sorting process of ...
Few movies can survive on the charisma of their leading actors alone. Only the strongest performers are able to carry an underwritten movie and make it amount to something, and despite his talent and energy, Martin Lawrence is not one of those actors. Lawrence is at his best when he's teamed with someone of equal or superior energy and talent (Will Smith in "Bad Boys," Eddie Murphy in "Life") bec ... ...
Thought leaders from all over the world will come to Phoenix in October to discuss the three parts of the mind and deepen understanding of conation and instinctive human ...
Tarpon Springs, Florida (PRWEB) May 21, 2013 Interior Deluxe recently launched a brand new luxury lighting collection from the authentic Italian light brand, Artemide. The elegant and ...
CGTrader.com, a 3D model marketplace for designers, calls all 3D artists and designers to create 3D printable models and participate in the 3D printing competition. The best 3D printable model and 3D printable portfolio will receive two Ultimaker 3D printers and other valuable ...
From an International Security Assistance Force Joint Command News Release KABUL, Afghanistan, May 21, 2013 A combined Afghan and coalition security force wounded a senior Taliban leader and arrested another insurgent in the Zharay district of Afghanistan's Kandahar province today, military officials reported. The Taliban leader, who was wounded after he attacked the security force, is ...
By Army Staff Sgt. Ian ShayU.S. Army South SONSONATE, El Salvador, May 21, 2013 Before coming to exercise Beyond the Horizon El Salvador 2013 here, soldiers might have expected to eat only a steady diet of packaged rations for the two-week duration. But fortunately for them, Joint Task Force Jaguar is equipped with Army-trained cooks and a mobile kitchen ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Venetian Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
In the middle of the Strip, and opposite the Mirage and Treasure Island is the Venetian, adjacent to its sister ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Texas GuardianTexas Guardian |Authoritative News resource for Texas
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Texas news. From Dallas to Houston, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Texas Guardian. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Texas weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
BP and Halliburton are being sued by the state of Texas over one of the worst oil spills in US history.
Texas has become the latest complainant in allegations that both companies engaged in "misconduct" for their role in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Four other states that have sued BP and other companies in connection to the spill.
Alabama and Louisiana filed complaints in 2010 while Florida and Mississippi filed their respective law suits only last month.
Other firms, Transocean, Anadarko and BP America, have also been named in the Texas law suit which concentrates on the violation of Texas environmental regulations.
Lawyers for the state will be seeking money that would have been generated from tourism, which foundered after the oil spill became evident.
The lost tourism revenues due to the spill will be listed as being money that would have been generated from fees and purchases by visitors to coastal communities.
Texas will be seeking civil penalties for each day that oil spilled into the Gulf as compensation.
While an estimated 4.9 million barrels were spilled, BP has argued that 800,000 barrels were recovered from seawaters and should be excluded from any legal settlement. ...
- Mediterranean diet may help boost ageing brain power
- Shell CEO No Adverse Findings by EU Probe
- EU officials investigate companies including BP Shell Statoil over possible price-fixing
- Shell Digs Deep To Tap Into Lucrative Oil Gas Reserves
- Shell Awards Wood Group-CCC Majnoon Oil Field Contract
- Central Texas braces for more severe storms
- YouEarnedIt enlists Semelsberger as CEO
- Bill to guide fund Texas water projects OKd
- Risk for severe weather today in Central Texas
- Texas first responders leave for Moore
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry signs bill making Texas Tech med school stand-alone campus
- Documents El Paso man was beaten to death during Ecstasy drug deal
- Downtown El Paso ballpark lawsuit against 3 city officials dismissed
- Police School near Oklahoma City directly hit by tornado watch live video
- Help The Victims Of The Oklahoma Tornadoes
- Texas Hold Em in Tehran - By Yasmin Alem
- Central Texas braces for more severe storms
- Texas windstorm bill that extends alternative certification program advances
- Dallas Cowboys Tony Romo to miss workouts after cyst removal
- Texas House to vote on drug testing for welfare benefits
- New jobs coming to Kennedy Space Center
- One person dead after night club shooting
- Houston Red Cross volunteers head to Oklahoma
- Help could be available for uninsured West losses
- Profar collects two RBIs in Rangers loss
- Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo surgery to remove cyst on his back
- Oklahoma Tornado Death Toll Lowered
- D-FW home foreclosures down almost 40 percent this year
- Dallas-Fort Worth will see potential for severe weather beginning around lunchtime
- Fort Worth Police Searching for Missing Boy
- UTSA recruits Mexicos former chief demographer to faculty
- Texas hosting sales tax holiday on Energy Star products
- Memphis Grizzlies Zach Randolph spurred on to do better against San Antonio
- Soldier found dead at Fort Sam Houston
- Indie pop artist Sami Akbari is bringing her tour to San Antonio
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Texas Guardian headlines delivered to your inbox.
- WATCH Spurs expect Randolph Grizzlies to rebound
- Construction worker killed in Grapevine
- Water restrictions set to return June 3
- North Texas in direct path of new round of storms Tuesday
- Texas Hold Em in Tehran - By Yasmin Alem