BP and Halliburton are being sued by the state of Texas over one of the worst oil spills in US history. Texas has become the latest complainant in allegations that both companies engaged in "misconduct" for their role in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Four other states that have sued BP and other companies in connection to the spill. Alabama and Louisiana filed complaints in 2010 ...
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Mike Conley wouldn't let Zach Randolph take the blame for the Memphis Grizzlies' blowout loss in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.No one on either team expects him to play so poorly the rest of the series.Tony Parker had 20 points and nine assists, Kawhi Leonard scored 18 points and the Spurs neutralized Randolph in beating the Grizzlies 105-83 on ...
Jason Evans with Dallas Fire-Rescue told NBC 5's Kendra Lyn that the missing firefighter used his radio to say he was trapped inside and did not know where he was. Evans says crews have not been able to reach the firefighter by radio since that last ...
DALLAS (AP) -- Emergency responders have been searching for a Dallas firefighter who reported by radio being trapped while battling a blaze at a condominium ...
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Two women playing video games at a North Texas convenience store and a worker have been burned after a suspect set one of those customers on ...
I Bury the Living [DVD]
I Bury the Living is a corker of a horror-thriller that draws you in, but ultimately lets you down with an explanatory ending that just doesnt fit. Made quickly on a shoestring budget, it was one of an onslaught of small-scale drive-in flicks that poured out of scrappy independent studios in the 1950s and early 1960s, most of which were immediately forgettable. I Bury the Living< ... ...
Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera rounds the bases, after hitting his second home run of the game, in the fifth inning of a baseball game against the Texas Rangers Sunday, May 19, 2013, in Arlington. (AP Photo/John F. ...
Chesapeake Energy Corp. has hired Robert Douglas Lawler from its rival Andarko Petroleum Corp. to be its new chief executive, Reuters reports. Lawler will fill the position vacated by company co-founder Aubrey McClendon who departed in April after a series of civil and criminal probes directed at the company. Chief Operating Officer Steven Dixon has been serving as interim CEO. Lawler currently ...
CORPUS CHRISTI -- A new water taxi will shuttle people across the Corpus Christi Ship Channel starting June 1 as part of an experimental project to bolster tourism in the Sports Entertainment Arts District. The Harbor Water Taxi only will operate on weekends this summer as the Regional Transportation Authority weighs the popularity and feasibility of the service. Businesses in the SEA ...
Powerful tornadoes that ravaged the territory of Texas, killed at least six people. Dozens were injured and hundreds were left homeless as a result of the ...
American Airlines has introduced a new boarding process it says will speed the loading of passengers. Passengers with carry-on items that will fit under the seat in front of them will be allowed to board American Airlines flights early, according to a new process the Fort Worth-based airline has introduced. The new process will speed up boarding time by an average of two minutes per plane, ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Resort & Towers
I have spent time at the Sheraton in Abu Dhabi previously, in the restaurants and the tavern pub, but hadn't ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Texas GuardianTexas Guardian |Authoritative News resource for Texas
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Texas news. From Dallas to Houston, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Texas Guardian. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Texas weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
BP and Halliburton are being sued by the state of Texas over one of the worst oil spills in US history.
Texas has become the latest complainant in allegations that both companies engaged in "misconduct" for their role in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Four other states that have sued BP and other companies in connection to the spill.
Alabama and Louisiana filed complaints in 2010 while Florida and Mississippi filed their respective law suits only last month.
Other firms, Transocean, Anadarko and BP America, have also been named in the Texas law suit which concentrates on the violation of Texas environmental regulations.
Lawyers for the state will be seeking money that would have been generated from tourism, which foundered after the oil spill became evident.
The lost tourism revenues due to the spill will be listed as being money that would have been generated from fees and purchases by visitors to coastal communities.
Texas will be seeking civil penalties for each day that oil spilled into the Gulf as compensation.
While an estimated 4.9 million barrels were spilled, BP has argued that 800,000 barrels were recovered from seawaters and should be excluded from any legal settlement. ...
- Akon ordered to pay child support
- Europe gives key nod to planned gas pipeline
- Landmark securities fraud settlement reached against Shell
- Shell Oil Presses Supreme Court to Deprive Torture Victims of Justice
- Tanzania Oil Gas Exploration Bids to Open Next Year
- New area code means dialing more digits
- Officials Man charged in Spicewood double slaying kills self in jail
- PolitiFact Counting Abbott’s 27 lawsuits against Obama administration
- Poverty takes root in Austin’s suburbs
- Austin memorial for AIDS HIV
- Man stabbed outside south central El Paso bar
- El Paso cancer patient is glad Angelina Jolie raised awareness of double mastectomy
- Dangerous drug Family believes designer form of LSD killed teen
- Human calculator Fabens High math whiz earns titles MIT scholarship
- UTEP teams project wins venture titles
- Tigers Rangers Score Texas Beats Detroit 11-8 Despite 3 HR Night For Miguel Cabrera
- Tornadoes ravage Texas at least 6 killed
- Woman Set on Fire at Convenience Store
- Condo Fire Reaches Five Alarms
- Texas Clean Air Cities Coalition and Environmental Defense Fund Reach Milestone Agreements With NRG Texas on Limestone Station Expansion
- HFD electrical short sparks house fire
- Mary Lou Rettons back in Houston but not for gymnastics
- Harris County TX deputy killed in 2-vehicle accident in north Houston www.privateofficer.com
- Child dies after drowning in apartment pool
- 3D plastic gun blueprints downloaded more than 100K times
- Firefighter trapped in six-alarm fire that destroyed northeast Dallas condos
- American to let passengers with small carry-ons board early
- Chesapeake Energy taps Anadarkos Lawler as next CEO
- MLS Wrap Johnson does Dallas Salt Lake sink Chivas
- Is Kobe Bryant better than MichaelJordan MAY 09
- Chesapeake hires new CEO from rival Andarko Petroleum
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in south Bexar County
- NBA San Antonio Spurs thump Memphis Grizzlies in series opener
- Sams finds groove with San Antonio
- San Antonio cruises to opening win over Grizzlies
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Texas Guardian headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- WATCH Manu Ginobili and Matt Bonner talk about beating the Grizzlies
- Dallas firefighter trapped in blaze
- Firefighter sought in Dallas condo complex blaze
- 2 women burned in Fort Worth store attack